Sunday, November 20, 2011

Describe a daily routine or tradition of yours that may seem ordinary to others but holds special meaning for you. Why is this practice significant to

Showering is a daily routine many people have, and many feel as though they have to shower. Same for me, every day, no matter what time it is in the day, I have to shower before going out. There are many people in this world how believe that showering every day is not a necessary thing, but for me, I feel extremely dirty if I don’t. I feel that it is a necessity to shower before going out, especially if you are meeting someone because if shows one of your true nature to someone. Yes, for me I am a messy person at dorms, but that does not mean I have to live a messy life. Although yes, I am messy, there are times where I just have to clean up, and when I do, I clean up everything there is to clean. There are times where I take cold showers at night because I feel dirty for no reason at all. Even at home, yes, being lazier at home, I take a shower around five o’clock, but I still do, because that is just who I am. When I was in middle school, and even beginning of ninth grade, I did not take showers every day. Anah, my sister, and her friend Jaza both took showers every day and I always asked them, why do you take showers every day, and they always replied, you will soon know. And now I know, for me, being a messy person is not exactly the same thing as being a dirty person. A messy person is someone who has clean clothes, but it is just that the clothes are stuffed into the cupboard. A dirty person is someone who would wear their clothes again and again without washing it. I have been told to take a shower every day since I was very small, I never understood why? But now I feel as though my day is going bad if I don’t take a shower every day.

No comments: