Sunday, November 6, 2011

1.French novelist Anatole France wrote: "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's b

I do not know many things in life. Although having lived 16 years of my life, how do we expect to know everything possible? 16 out of millions and millions of years is like a speck of dust in a large room. The more I study, the more I realize that there are so many things in the world that are unknown to me. The more I go around the world, the more I realize that there are so many things I do not know about the country, or the city. Studying in a boarding school, I sure do not know (anymore) hot it is like to be in a days’ school. I do not know how it would be like to be in a college (yet). I do not know what is it that is out there; are there aliens or not? I believe in God, but how can I be sure there is one? Never have I felt a presence, so how am I to know in what I believe in truly exists. I do not know when I am going to die, when I am going to get into an accident or anything for the matter. Even if I study, whatever I study, I still do not know how it has come to be to what it is. I learn something, but that is never enough, as there is always something deeper. There is an infinite amount of knowledge, some already discovered, and some still yet to be. Questions on lots of things do come and a lot of them are still left unanswered. Although we may think we know a lot of things, we do not actually know anything about the place we live in, the life we live or anything for that matter. One thing is for sure, I don’t know the future.

1 comment:

teacherman said...

The line that really stands out is: The more I go around the world, the more I realize that there are so many things I do not know about the country, or the city.

I would love to see you develop this idea. You've traveled around the world, so you may know about Paris or New York, but there's a little old lady that has lived on your street for 75 years and you don't even know her name. And then you can continue with all the other things you don't know.