Thursday, November 10, 2011

1.Name one book you have read in the past year, describe your reason for considering this book significant and what you gained from it.

I admit, I am not a person who reads a lot. There are some books I read from my own choice, and some, well, because of the school curriculum. This year, I have read a few books, in which one of them was One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Yes, this book was a book in the curriculum to read in English, but it was indeed an awesome book. Although I have to admit that it was a little bit slow for me in the beginning, but as the book progressed, I started to enjoy it. The reason why I mentioned this book was because it used reverse psychology to show the time back in the United States. It showed me how the "system" is a big part of the universe, and all of us, even if we are the most insignificant people in life. The higher ups can use even the most innocents of innocent people to achieve what they want. One main thing I gained from reading this book is that no matter how hard we try, we will defeat the system, but eventually we come back to our original status. I realized that no matter how much you try, you will, in the long run, fail. This is not only portrayed in this book, but throughout history also. This book actually does give you many life lessons. This book gives me an image of how, even if we have a very high chance of failing at our task, we should do it because we do not know how it will end up. I think this because even if we beat the higher ranked people even for some time, our lives do get better, even if it is just for a while. Life is not perfect so might as well make it a little bit better.

No comments: