Monday, January 30, 2012

Describe your favorite time of the day.

It is weird, for some their favorite time of the day can mean something totally different from someone else, and for some maybe the same. For me, it is when I am in the shower. This may be weird for some people, but I love water. Yes, I admit, when I was small, I hated going into showers, made me feel what the point in showering is, but now when I shower, I feel so happy, so satisfied, and so clean. There are times in a day when I take more than two showers a day. My Grandfather used to say, the morning shower is of milk, the afternoon of water, and the night on blood. If you are superstitious, you would understand this saying. Taking morning showers is like milk because it refreshes you, the afternoon of water as a rejuvenation of mind body and soul, and at night of blood because that’s when the evil spirits can take over your soul. Although he said this, I never really paid attention to it, even though being extremely scared of ghosts, I still took showers whenever I felt like, be it night or throughout the day. I love showers because every time I am in one, I feel like I am in my own world. I start to think over things, things I usually would really care about in my daily life. Then again, I would start to play with the water, make bubbles, or even splash water around. I feel as though I’m a little kid all over again. There are times also when I just stand and soak in the warmth emitting from the hot water spraying out during winters, and the cool, yet slightly warm, water during the summers. Making me feel clean all over, I feel as though I’m ready to take on the world, even though I never do.

4 comments:

Machinery of Society said...

Nice article. I like the definition of the morning, afternoon and the night shower. However, I dont understand when you state the thing about the evil spirit taking over you. Overall, Good job

Nyan Cat said...

Very interesting. But i am also a bit perplexed with the reference to the evil spirit.

Iqbal Fayza said...

HEY! yeah, i realized that you guys wouldn't get it, but its actually a religious kind of thing. The thing is spirits get into bodies at night mainly, and are really attracted to good smell. But being day light they don't really come out of their hiding.. something like that..

varunkedia said...

interesting article, i like how you combined religion superstition and your favorite time of the day all in one. i quite enjoyed reading this