Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rick Santorum, Meet my son.

A woman should be allowed to abort her child if she wanted to.

Having a child like Ronan, Emily Rapp is one of the few people I have heard of actually taking care of her disabled child. Having a child like that, I too would be sad of losing him/her fast. With disabilities that are being detected before the child is born, or when a child is born, the parents should have the authority to abort the child. Being their child, the doctors or the government should not allow abortion to be banned even though it is a secondary way of murder. But if a child who had so many disabilities, the parents should be allowed to do what they feel is right for the kid.

If a child’s life goes around like Ronan’s, it is heart breaking for a parent to see the child live through it. With this, the mother should be allowed to take charge and say whether the child should be aborted, if disabilities noticed earlier, or should the child live on. With the choices that we can make now, a person should be able to tell the different between good and bad. Even though something good for one person may be bad for another, looking at the condition of Ronan, if they had come to know about his disease before he was born, he wouldn’t have to live through with his life with blindness, paralysation, seizures and much more.

With Emily, her mother had a choice to abort her, but instead she made a choice not to. These kinds of choices are meant for the mother to make if she believes that the child will survive or when she believes that the child will be fine in the real world. The mother had the full authority to reject the abortion option as she would be the only one to think what the best is for the child’s future. When the parents have a handful of little children, there are many doctors who consider the woman to consider an abortion.

Having heard many of my childhood stories told to me, there were many times when I couldn’t stop laughing because of my stupidity and one time when I cried. Honestly, now thinking about it, I didn’t really have to cry, but sometimes it just happens. I had come to know that the doctors had told my parents to consider aborting me due to the hassle I would create with two more very little siblings. When my mom told me that, I started questioning myself saying how life would be now without me being here. But I kept that aside because my mom made a choice of not aborting me.

With Emily, even though Ronan has so many disabilities, she shows courage for the boy and still loves him through his thick and thin. There are times, even when you know that you would be going through a new experience, there would be many when it might hurt you, but you just learn live, love and laugh through it all.

1 comment:

teacherman said...

Some strong opinions in both of these essays; however, you don't have a lot of evidence. In your introduction for this kind of essay, try to have a statement like this: Author A believes B; I agree/disagree for reasons X, Y, and Z.